4 May 2008

Early Mother's Day

In our usual fashion, we celebrated Mother's Day before the actual day - to avoid the crowds, price hikes etc etc. Thought we should try something "off the beaten tracks" and suggested Mimolette at Fairways Drive (next to Bukit Timah Saddle Club). It was a dark and narrow drive into the bungalow house where the jockeys lived once upon a time. But the quaint surrounding was a pretty nice welcome at the end of the winding road.


Food was ok. I had the Pan-Roasted Quail which was quite delightful - stuffed with mushrooms and very very tender. And the Brandy Chocolate Melt is a must-have for dessert. The Tenderloin was ok, as my brother put it - expected. Terence had the Pork (can't remember what it's named) which was very juicy and tender - not bad. I would recommend sitting outdoors if not for the hot and humid weather. It does get pretty noisy indoors once the "cocktail crowd" next door in the bar comes over for dinner. The small dining room amplified the chitter and chatters - I did get a little headache afterwards.
I think I'd like to go back there in the day sometime soon. Am sure it'll look a little prettier too. And Jeremy tells me they're going to start brunch and bbq next week, so hmm... maybe we'll be able to see some horses next time :-)

Oh, Happy Mum's Day!



No comments: