4 May 2008

To the Movies


Cathay is now open at Downtown East, a spanking new mall and cineplex. You know I'm never a movie buff. Spare me the cinema and give me a book anytime. But Terence suggested we should all go (it's usually just him and Gideon) and I thought I'd better give it a shot or he'll never ask me to the movies again... Think my last movie was The Simpsons with the Red boys.

So I started my Iron Man adventure by booking the tickets online close to 6pm on Friday. After I hit the "submit" button, I was told that the "booker" has to collect the tickets personally ONE hour before the show! Geez, I raced around the office knowing I'll never get to Pasir Ris on time. Thankfully they allowed Terence to collect the tickets on my behalf. So don't be fooled by them. R even told me "go half an hour before the movie and you'll still get it" - how gullible can I get :-(

Cathay at Downtown East was a bit of a mess. Perhaps 'cos it's still new and they're still figuring out the kinks. But what I don't get is that they sell BOTH tickets and popcorn at the same counter! Yes, it works well when you pressure patrons to get their popcorn as well after purchasing their tickets. But for those who want a popcorn AFTER they've gotten their tickets, they queue forever! At least have a line, just one line for those who only want food and drinks lah! Aiyo! And so we missed about 5 mins of the show :-(

Iron Man was pretty cool I must say. Robert Downey Jr looks really suave. Step aside George Clooney :-) Ok, apart from the pretty face that kept me captivated, the plot was ok lah... no wonder V said I should watch it 'cos of the cool gadgets and technology. Gweneth Paltrow was a ??? - it wasn't a really big part for her I felt. But hey, there has to be a woman behind every super hero, no?

No comments: