29 May 2008

Anger, Anguish

It's midnight and I'm sitting here at the computer waiting for my dear son to finish learning his ting xie for the near 20th time!!!!!!! I am on the verge of tearing up his books, throwing his pencils into the bin and ripping his bag into two! It is simply frustrating trying to inculcate the importance of learning his spelling and ting xie! I made the effort to remind him to learn the 3 sentences well since I am on leave tomorrow and was hoping to surprise him that he needn't go to school AFTER he gets his ting xie all correct when I test him tonight. Of course, he was glued to his XBox when I got home. He learnt NOTHING!

And so I've decided to stash the remote controls from tomorrow - no more games and TV after school. I'm going to have a hard time (or rather, he will have a hard time) next year when the demands of Pri 1 kicks in.

I hope he learns his lesson tonight. He's here sobbing, I'm here seething.

And it's about the 10th time he's making the SAME mistake!

No comments: