27 May 2007

Dreams In Flight

I received an invite from TIME for the Singapore Arts Festival opening performance La Fura dels Baus. Terence and Gideon came along. It was a "Free admission" event but because TIME was the magazine sponsor, guests of TIME got grand stand seats - which was great! Bumped into Ewe Leong as well... Anyways, the show got off to a pretty slow start with a shadow performance depicting daily routines like "eating", "watching" etc. Just when I was getting worried that the two boys were getting fidgety, the spectacular wheel of red and gold appeared! Magically suspended in mid-air, the wheel hovered above the crowd and the sight was simply awesome (though I was wondering at the same time what would happen if the wheel fell). And then there was this amazing aerial human net which suspended magically in the air as showers of fireworks lit the night sky. I think each one of us had different imaginations of what each act depicted. Gideon, for sure, believed that the wheel was from Planet Naboo and the human bodies on the net were actually Snow Troopers (for those who don't know, the planet and troopers are from Star Wars :-). As for me : Wow! I never got this close to fireworks! I wasn't even expecting fireworks...

No comments: