2 January 2007

2007 here we come!

Before the stroke of midnight on New Year's eve, throngs of sms(es) had already started pouring in. Simply too many to reply to. Then I chanced upon breaking news of the bombings in Bangkok. It is sad that the year has to close with another tragedy, another crisis. Since Terence was out, I took the opportunity of some "me time" after Gideon fell asleep to remember 2006. Looking back, I have nothing to complain about 2006. I made some pretty "decent" achievements at work. I visited Zurich, Lucerne, Geneva, Beijing and Shanghai. Terence & I managed a few vacations - a cruise; Bangkok and then Hong Kong. Gideon got used to school and has even attempted holiday courses! I started a blog. Etc etc. Now, looking ahead, I do have a few resolutions for the New Year. As with the countless marketing plans I've done, not all may be accomplished but at least I give myself some goals to work towards.
  • World peace - I know it sounds cliched but ...
  • Exercise - I simply don't do enough. I will swim instead of just basking in the sun when we take Gideon to the pool.
  • Temper control - especially at home.
  • Holiday to Australia - I will make it come true this year for Gideon.
  • Family / Work Balance - less time in the office (and at the computer at home); more time with Terence & Gideon.
  • More time with friends

A Blessed New Year to all and may you get as close as possible to your resolutions; better still - REALISE them!

2 comments:

Jemej said...

Happy blessed new year to you and gideon and terence!

Oooh, temper control, I'm scared....

By the way, i see that you are very well advanced in your blogging since months ago... now got coloured text some more loh!!! Hehehehe

pillo said...

Yah ha ha ever since converting to the new version, it's been so much easier organising the entries. Thanks to the "shi fu" who got me started too, hee.