22 October 2006

My "Surprise" Birthday Celebration

This is my second attempt including this post - there seems to be some Blogger problems but anyhow, hope this works this time! :-(

Well, so much for initiative as I tried to plan my own birthday dinner. I should have had more faith in Rena doing the planning (she did plan even her own birthday celebration!). It began when Rena introduced this nice restaurant at East Coast Park, recommended by Xue Ping. She mentioned one day that we should go there for my birthday. So a week before the actual day, I sent an email out asking who'd be able to make it for dinner. It had to be a week ahead as I was going to Shanghai and not sure when I'd be back. No one, except Elaine replied (she got a scolding for that hee hee) and the funny thing is, Elaine is always the one who hardly replies to emails... Rena had already made arrangements with the Gang and Terence, who was part of the "surprise" of course didn't pull it off as he KNEW I was busy making reservations for dinner yet didn't try to dissuade me from doing so in the first place :-( So of course, Rena and I double-booked at Zen Cafe - Shindo Art.

I had a great time - food was not bad; the company was great. The Cafe was reviewed by Ah Yoke so it couldn't have been anything less than good www.wineanddine.asiaone.com.sg/reviews/restaurants/fusion/20061001_001.html and the price is defenitely reasonable. EVERY item is prepared by the owner-chef Alan Sim. But be sure to make a reservation 'cos the cafe is really tiny.


Thanks guys for the evening! Nevermind the surprise, I had a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats a great place to have dinner and also chill out with friends. At least we manage to "surprise" you when we arrived ! ha ha ..

Chris&Angie