15 October 2006

Count Your Blessings

Celebrated my birthday with the gang at Zen Cafe Shindo Art at East Coast Parkway this evening. Instead of downloading and sharing the evening's pictures, I decided instead that this was more important : I bumped into Kim, a friend I got to know through Joanne, my classmate from Poly. Kim and I had been in touch due to work but it's been some time since I heard from and about Joanne - until tonight. Jo has nasopharyngeal cancer. I'm not too sure at this point in time exactly how severe but from what Kim tells me, she's definitely fighting the illness and staying positive. Alex, Jo's husband has of course been a great source of support. As I blew the candles on my cake tonight, I count my blessings knowing that I have health. First thing I did when I got home was to get into www.jokwan.blogspot.com to "get back in touch" with Jo. Gideon said to Terence & I this evening as we were driving to East Coast and lamenting about the haze, "I'll ask Jesus to blow the haze away,". I say a prayer for Jo tonight, asking Him to blow her pain away and make her well again. For those who read this, whether or not you know Jo, please say a prayer for her, and remember to count your blessings everyday... For me, I thank God tonight for all that completes me - health, family and friends. Stay strong, Jo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

philo ... i just got to know of her death thro this blog. it is so totally unbelievable you know? i'm in a state of disbelief ... read her blog and stopped cos it is so painful. i remember her, always pretty, always dainty, always cheerful.

/nancy