3 March 2007

Swissotel Worldwide Conference 2007 - Turkey

This year's conference in Ankara, Turkey marked the first after the Raffles International (RIL) era. The split of the Raffles and Swissotel brands meant leaner teams, tighter resources and for some, transfers to a different brand. For me, I was fortunate to remain in Swissotel. For the past 8 months or so, there were lots to be done and learnt. Different bosses meant different management and work styles. Bottom line - most survived. And this conference is especially symbolic as it shows how well the Red team did, under all that pressure and constraints. For the Singapore team, the long distance "relationship" with Zurich worked out; and much was achieved. From department restructures to the revamp of Club Swiss Gold and the entire brand's collateral, Red Team East did well.

The conference was an opportunity for many to put the face to the name finally! For me, it was a chance for the young Singapore team to present itself to the "world" as they personify the many accomplishments since the restructure. I am proud of them! Since my first WW conference in Bangkok when I first joined RIL, I wondered if there will come a day when I could have the opportunity to make presentations, strike up conversations or even get to know our GMs well. I look back now with a smile - knowing I've done all that! I've been recognised for my work, all thanks to Petra, a strong, assertive boss, yet one who never fails to find time to tell us how well we've done. That all important "pat on the back" which many often forget. And of course, I am tremendously blessed with many wonderful bosses I've worked with in the company - Jack, Mr Ong, Mr Muhlemann, Mr McAuley... without whom I couldn't have achieved today's success.

And this is me with Jack and my award for Best New Concept, which I dedicate to my team, Petra and my ex-bosses...

2 comments:

Jemej said...

Tan tan, your dress!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice dress !!

From Angie and Chris